No, an MOU is not a part of the AFWERX Challenge process. The AFWERX Challenge is completely independent from the AFWERX SBIR program. However, previous AFWERX Challenge topics have transitioned solutions and solution providers into SBIR open topics with the lead AFWERX Challenge sponsor becoming the SBIR sponsor (MOU signer) or a facilitator to other USAF signers. Although the programs are independently run and managed, there are obvious synergies between them which are leverages when and where it makes sense to do so.
Articles in this section
- How are AFWERX Challenge and SBIR/STTR Related?
- Does AFWERX Challenge focus primarily on small businesses?
- What is the budget/award for a challenge topic?
- Can I submit more than one solution to a challenge?
- Can I participate if I'm in the Armed Forces?
- What is a CSO contract?
- Do solutions have to comply with the Made In America Act?
- How many teams will be selected for contract?
- Will submissions require a signed MOU (Memorandum of Understanding)? Will your team help matchmaking for project sponsors?
- Is there a size/scale of solution (i.e., budget and schedule) that should be considered, or just focus on solutions without any budget/timeline constraints when submitting?